Do You Wash Your Hands Properly?
Along with using the bidet sprayer instead of nasty old toilet paper, there are certain effective hand washing techniques to follow.
If you follow these simple steps you will be assure of the benefits from essential hand-hygiene practices:
- Remove your rings or other jewelry.
- Use water and wet your hands thoroughly.
- Use a good dollop of soap and lather the soap very well.
- Scrub your hands, between your fingers, wrists, and forearms with soap for at least 15 seconds.
- Scrub under your nails.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Dry your hands with a single use towel or air dryer.
- Important: Turn off the taps with a paper towel.
- Protect your hands from touching dirty surfaces as you leave the bathroom.
- Try not to touch the door handle as you leave the bathroom. Use a paper towel to open the door. Or try to follow someone else out. Use your elbow instead of your hand to touch the door.
Other hand-hygiene tips include:
- Cover cuts with bandages.
- Artificial nails and chipped nail polish have been associated with an increase in the number of bacteria on your fingernails. Be sure to clean your nails properly.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Assume that contact with any human body fluids is infectious.
- Liquid soap in disposable containers is best. If using reusable containers, they should be washed and dried before refilling.
- If using a bar of soap, be sure to set it on a rack that allows water to drain or use small bars that can be changed frequently.
Following these simple steps will definitely improve your health and well-being.
“The Future of Bathroom Hygiene in the 21st Century”